About Me

This house full of boys just added a girl!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Daddy's Little Princess

My blog is pathetic. Let's be honest. People clean out their garages more often than I post entries. I am not even gonna bother promising that I will do better. We all know it's just a bunch of hot air. For what it is worth, I decided to post something today.
Brielle and Dylan visited the doctors today and both had to get shots. Dylan only needed to get one, but poor Brielle had 3. Keith came with me, since trying to comfort two kiddos after getting shots was not a challenge I was particularly up to. It conveniently worked out that Keith got to man the "shot station" while I was on comfort patrol. I think I got the better end of the deal. I felt a little guilty though when it was Brielles turn. See, Brielle is Keith's princess. Having to watch her get 3 shots and see how much she hurt I think tugged at his heart strings just a tad bit more than it does the boys. She is such a good baby and really doesn't cry very much. So when she does get hurt or upset, we pay much more attention. I couldn't help but laugh the other day when we were in the car and the boys were being especially loud. It had definitely reached the "annoying level" and Keith and I were begging for them to calm down. Then Brielle started to cry. A "you guys are hurting my ears and scaring me" kind of cry. Keith lost it. His exact words were, " You just made Brielle cry. Now I am REALLY mad!" It was so funny and sweet and such a double standard all at the same time, that all I could do was laugh. She has got him wrapped around her finger. Not that I blame him, she is adorable. Her personality makes it all that much better. She is smiling and laughing from sun up to sun down. She goes with the flow, and even when things aren't going so smooth or she hasn't gotten too much attention she is still there waiting with a smile. I just hope she is like this as a teenager… (hey a girl can dream right?)

Some pics of Daddy and his princess (kind of bummed that I have been replaced, but I like to think of it as me getting an upgrade to Queen…)








2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW! so sweet! A baby girl totally does that to a man! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea you were writing in your blog again! Good! Keep it up! Glad to see more pics of the fam. Love you Brie!

    ReplyDelete