About Me

This house full of boys just added a girl!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Fourth, Freedom and Fireworks!


Yes, I do realize that I am posting this over a month after it actually happened. What can I say? I have been busy! But hey, I am making an effort!  
 Well, this was Dylan's first 4th of July! From what I could tell, he seemed to really enjoy himself! He held on (and chewed) his little american flag, went swimming for the first time at Grandma and Grandpa Dow's and was mesmerized by the fireworks at Aunt Brooke and Uncle Bryan's house. 
 Kaiden's favorite part was the La Verne parade that we go to every year. He loves to watch all the cars and what can only be loosely referred to as "floats". Although he unfortunately missed the beginning with the entourage of Police motorcycles and the fire trucks. I am pretty sure that he would have been thrilled about that, but we were late...as usual. I thought he would get a bigger kick out fireworks this year. We went and bought him some sparklers and little things that he could do on his own, but he was a little apprehensive. He has been doing that lately- things that he couldn't wait to get his hands on last year, he all of the sudden has become very cautious and fearful. He actually asked around 10 p.m. if we could go home. In his defense though, it was a really long day! We will see how he is next year...maybe we will get to the parade on time next year! I wouldn't place any bets on that last one though!

Kaiden got some patriotic war paint compliments of Mike Kessler...


No comments:

Post a Comment