About Me

This house full of boys just added a girl!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Baby Brielle


What can I say about Miss Brielle? 3rd times the charm. She is a wonderful baby. That and I think I have learned how to just go with the flow. She is already sleeping through the night…let me tell you, sleep makes a huge difference on how you cope with things! While she still of course fusses on occasion as do all babies, she really is pretty easy. She is only fussing when she needs to eat or diaper change. And most recently has been having more frequent gas problems which make her understandably unhappy. Nothing a little "colic calm" or a good burp won't take care of. She has been the easiest in everything so far. Easiest pregnancy, labor, delivery and so far our easiest first month home! Let's hope she keeps up with this trend!
I got to say, it has been a blast playing dress up! And while she doesn't do much right now, we have already caught her smiling and reacting quite a bit already. I can't wait to see what she will be like as she grows. She is incredibly tolerant of her crazy brothers and life on the go. Unfortunatley she has already learned that with 2 older brothers there just isn't enough time for her all the time. While she loves to be held and cuddled, she has been pretty good about being patient. Sometimes when she just can't take it anymore to wait she will let out a wail or two. I wish she liked being carried in a sling. Then I could carry her and get things done at the same time. Dylan loved being in his, and it really does help.
I am looking forward to "girl time" and finally getting some Barbies around here! Of course that won't be for awhile, but we got to get something in this house to even out the score! I already am just waiting for her fingers to get big enough to paint! And while I am holding back quite a bit on crazy shopping sprees, I am thrilled to finally be able to buy all of the cute outfits and accessories I have been drooling over for the last few years! So grateful to have this wonderful, beautiful and healthy addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment